Speeches - Using Innovative, Unique and Interesting Speech TopicsSpeaking to the students during the 8th grade will be a challenge. The current state of affairs of American society is somewhat different compared to the time when I was in school. The students are far more rebellious, less inclined to respect authority, and are generally tired of formalism. You need to avoid all forms of formal speech or avoid them at all costs.
And as much as you are conscious of the fact that you are speaking in front of your peers, it's not like they are particularly biased towards one point of view. On the contrary, they are also entitled to their own prejudices. They probably also see the world differently than you do. In order to protect your individuality, you can always use some innovative, original and entertaining talk. This will show the students that you have something unique and not just the usual standard speech.
How will you know that you're making progress? Do you give out speeches? Use these steps to make your speech as impressive as possible:
- Use a unique way of presenting your point of view. The students will not get the sense that you are speaking like a typical corporate executive. Your speech should be a talking point, which should go beyond a mere speech.
- Make sure that your speech is interesting. Give some examples to support your argument. It would be unwise to talk for several minutes about something that has nothing to do with your topic. Your audience needs to hear that you have learned something and that you have something to say.
- Lastly, do not worry if you're in front of a big group of people. Even if the students cannot all listen to your speech on the same level, you will still be giving your thoughts and making them aware of the importance of keeping up their studies. And when you give your speech, it won't be the end of the world.
- Think of ways to make your speech interesting. Use fun, entertaining and new talk to make your speech talk more like a real talk.
- Remember that your speech will not be a very important part of the class, but it is important that you do your homework well.